Langley Pos-Abilities Society is pleased to announce that we will be hosting another “Day of Pos-Abilities”, which is our premier annual showcase event designed to promote understanding, inclusion and enthusiasm about issues that are faced by people with disabilities, as well as showcasing some solutions and opportunities that exist to oppose those issues!
Our “Day of Pos-Abilities” will be held at Douglas Park in Langley, on Saturday August 6th, 2016, from 11:00 am until 5:00 pm. We are planning a fun filled and informative day which will include:
- Artisan crafts and other handmade items for sale made by people of all abilities
- Mouth-watering BBQ
- A variety of entertainment showcasing the talents and abilities of people with disabilities
- A marketplace area for our generous sponsors
- Displays and personnel from other non-profit organizations
- Personal accounts from people with disabilities, providing education about their disability and it’s challenges, and sharing how they overcome those challenges
- and an area for fun and educational children’s activities
We have organized this exciting community awareness event for a few years now, and with a turnout of over 500 visitors each year, we are confident in calling it a success! The feedback we’ve received from previous vendors and representatives was very positive, and many have returned back each year.
We appreciate your contribution to our community and would like to personally invite you to consider renting a space at our event to display your items or information. Below is a registration form for your organization to fill out for this year’s event, so that you can register as early as possible. Our event information will be posted here on our website, so that we can provide up-to-date information on vendors, sponsors, entertainers and on site activities.
We look forward to your interest and participation this year! If you have any questions, please contact event coordinator Page Mayrand by cell at 519-436-4905, or by email at PMayrand1@hotmail.com or contact Zosia Ettenberg at 604 961-0117 or email@example.com.